Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Great Escape

I know that posting has been light of late, but I have been a little preoccupied with things like, eh, building a house on my own and by myself. Well there are architects and builders involved – but you get my gist.

Oh and then there was the whole landing a new job thing.

I am so out of here. My new job is lined up – signed, sealed and start date agreed. And it’s not in some outsourcing group either. No siree!

I have handed in my notice and now play the waiting game, which is proving to be a very weird experience. Much weirder than the last time I left a company.
The head of our channel is giving me the silent treatment - a very mature response indeed. I actually have no work to do and there is absolutely no point in my being here today. I mean none. At all. I am writing this as I wait to meet for my exit interview. I can’t wait. I will be reasoned and honest and try at least to avoid breaking into a wildly celebratory dance as I scream “fuck you all” at the top of my lungs. I hope I succeed as I don’t think it would portray a favourably professional image were I to do so.

I think that I ended up in this kip for a reason though. I hope that the horrendous experience I have had being a yellow packer will help me to appreciate my new role (if I don’t fail miserably at it – nerves are getting me).

I am going to endeavour not to whinge quite so much about work in this new place. Unless it is terrible - then there’ll be whinging aplenty!

On the house front - I am having a hard time choosing between knobs.
How interior design can reflect every day life!

2 Comments:

Blogger Auds said...

I will be reasoned and honest and try at least to avoid breaking into a wildly celebratory dance as I scream “fuck you all” at the top of my lungs. I hope I succeed as I don’t think it would portray a favourably professional image were I to do so.

You should do that only if you plug in a web cam and let the rest of us watch it for free!

Best of luck with everything - especially the house - I've decided to never do up/build anything after my parents decided to do up half our house - our kitchen was moved into the sitting room - if we wanted we could've enjoyed our toasted sandwiches under the starry November sky which we could gaze upon through the holes in the slates in the roof over my old bedroom which could been seen from the kitchen. Where do I put grammar in that sentence? ;-)

I do tell my parents that the 4 months we spent showering in our neighbours' house and using our old gas cooker outside in the utility room was worth it, but deep down I know all builders are evil.

01 February, 2006 15:13  
Anonymous Sinéad said...

My sympathies, I've done up two houses (one on my own) and it nearly bloody killed me.

Good luck with the new job, sounds like you're moving forward on lots of fronts, which is always a good thing.

01 February, 2006 20:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home